Airbrush Tanning Tips
Before, During and After A Norvell Spray Tan
- Scrub it off
- Before your appointment thoroughly exfoliate your skin. Removing dead skin cells and body oils allows the tanning solution to penetrate more evenly into the skin and gives more lasting results. Avoid putting on any moisturizer, deodorant, perfume.
- Groom it right
- Women’s legs should be freshly shaved. So should men’s faces. Manicures, pedicures, facials should be done no less than 24 hours before an airbrush application.
- Dress it down
- On the day of the tanning session, wearing loose, comfortable clothing and open shoes like sandals or flip-flops. That way you minimize rubbing and sweating, both of which could negatively impact how a tan develops. Wait 8 hours before showering to allow your tan to fully develop.
- Moisturize it every day
- A spray tan can last anywhere from 7 days up to two weeks. Because the skin sheds thousands of dead skin cells every day, we recommend using alcohol-free moisturizers 2x daily to keep your skin hydrated. Most of all keep your showers short and the water temperature lukewarm.
- Keep it chemical-free
- Some skin care products can speed up the fading process. These include:
- Anti-acne lotions and gels like Retin-A
- Makeup removers
- Skin toners (especially if they contain high amounts of alcohol)
- Facial masks
- Exfoliating skin scrubs
- Depilatory products